Due to advancements in medical technology and more people embracing a healthy lifestyle, people are living longer. For seniors, this means living longer independent lives. With more seniors living on their own, it is important for them to be able to quickly reach a medical emergency service in the event of an unforeseen accident such as a serious slip and fall. If a senior has a condition such as a heart problem, it will provide peace of mind knowing that if there is a sudden health emergency, making contact with an emergency representative is quick and easy. Using a personal emergency alert device is a security solution where more seniors and people with limiting disabilities are benefiting.
Benefits of using a personal medical alarm that is linked to an emergency monitoring center include:
- The emergency monitoring the center is able to provide fast emergency response times to medical alerts. As well, they provide monitoring service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The emergency response centers will often have interlinked monitoring centers that act as a back-up in the event of a power outage or another disaster.
- The emergency monitoring service is staffed by trained professional Emergency Response Operators that are Security Industry Association certified and experienced working with seniors and the disabled.
- With state-of-the-art, secure software, your medical information is stored and available instantly on the Operator’s screen when an emergency alert device signal is received.
- The medical response system is an easy to install. You just plug into your phone just like an answering machine. Save time and money by self installing the system yourself, or have a friend, neighbor, or family member, do it for you.
- There are a number of attractive features that can come with these systems such as: medical alert devices act as a speakerphone, devices can have medication, personal help button is waterproof and has a very long battery life, and they are portable and discreet.
Personal medical alert devices are simple and easy to use. These personal help buttons are designed to be worn around the home at all times, even in the bath or shower. Help is available at the press of a button, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Personal medical alert devices make independent living easy and give customers peace of mind knowing they are protected 24/7.
Wayne Cowan is a writer specializing in elderly care and seniors citizens’ lifestyles. His experience with medical alarm systems spans over many years working with seniors in assisted living communities.