Security cameras are increasingly becoming a popular security device for surveillance and monitoring. Most security cameras are installed at locations from where they can catch a large view at one shot. These cameras are generally visible and can be located from a distance. There is a definite advantage as their presence can scare trespassers. However, in certain cases you would like to use hidden security cameras which are not visible easily.
What are Hidden Security Cameras?
Hidden security cameras are cameras that are not visible to naked eye. There are two ways of using a hidden camera. First you can use small bullet shape cameras that can be hidden in specific locations like walls, clocks, toys, etc. The second way is to buy camera that are embedded in different objects, called covert cameras. These objects could be a pen, a phone or a watch. Such cameras are also gaining popularity.
When to use Hidden Cameras?
- Hidden cameras are great for use in houses that have kids. You can monitor the activities of your children when you are not at home. You can also install a camera in your children’s room to see if they change your behaviour in your absence. This will help in judging the consistency of their attitudes and behaviours.
- Parents who leave their babies and young kids with caretakers or baby sitters can make great use of hidden cameras. They can monitor their behaviour with the kids and be assured that their loved ones are safe with an outsider.
- Hiding cameras is also an option to prevent them from damage. If you live in a neighbourhood where security systems are tampered frequently then you can use hidden cameras to monitor your house.
- Employers like to monitor the behaviour of their employees by using hidden cameras. Most offices where employees frequently interact with customers are likely to install hidden cameras to keep a watch on the conduct of their employees.
- Home owners who have vacation houses can install hidden cameras to monitor their vacation house when it is given on rent. In this situation, however, make sure that the privacy of tenants is not invaded and cameras only monitor areas like entry and exit doors.
- Many restaurant owners make use of hidden cameras so that they can keep a watch on their chefs and cooks and make sure that proper hygiene is followed. This keeps them ready to face any audits from health or food inspectors.
- The advancement in technology has made it necessary to use hidden cameras to fight the menace spread by this technology itself. Employers like to keep a check on their employees as they can use covert cameras to capture confidential data. This can be especially dangerous if the data is about customers.
These reasons make hidden cameras a very desirable option. However, when they are used in public places or offices, be sure that you understand the laws governing covert surveillance in that state.