Video home security systems are the best way to monitor your home and protect your valuables and loved ones. CCTVs and DVRs allow us to monitor the feed from cameras when we are at home. Now with the advancement in technology, one can keep a watch not just from the home but from any place in the world. This is made possible by video security systems that use the internet.
What is Remote Surveillance?
Remote Surveillance refers to monitoring the security system in a particular area through a remote location that is any location other than the place where the security system is installed. One can now view remote areas by using simple video home security systems. These systems are connected to the internet and provide on-line feed to the network which in turn allows live access of the footage from any place in the world.
Advanced systems come with a motion sensors and infrared motion detectors. They trigger off an alarm as soon as a motion is detected and start recording the video along with screening them to a remote location computer.
Advantages of Remote Surveillance through Video Home Security Cameras
Remote surveillance offers a lot of advantages few of which are:
- You can easily travel to different destinations, be it for business or leisure, without worrying about the security of your house. It is easy to keep a tab on your belongings from any place in the world.
- You can monitor your important documents and valuables even when you are not at home. Computers at office can be equipped to receive such data.
- You can alert your neighbours or security agencies as soon as you sense trouble to minimize damage to your property. You can also equip your system with alarms that can get triggered as soon as a motion is detected.
- You can monitor your kids and their activities when they are alone at home. You can also monitor babysitters through remote surveillance from hidden cameras
- You can keep a check on your pets when you are at office
- The need for engaging full-time monitoring services of security agencies is eliminated
- Dependence on security guards can be reduced with video security systems that send feeds to remote areas
- These are very cost-effective as compared to monitoring services or engaging security guards
- With the new technologies in mobile phones, you can now view videos on your phone at any time and from any place in the world
To have a good security system you should make sure that you buy cameras that are compatible with the net. Your internet network should also provide you with a static internet address that can be accessed with any place in the world. In case you are not able to set the system yourself, take help from a professional service provider to install the same.